The GFSI Conference
The industry’s annual rendezvous to advance food safety globallyLearn more
Delivering Impact for Safe Sustainable Food
After two decades of development, GFSI is modernising and accelerating. Thanks to the level of trust and credibility the organisation has earned over the years, GFSI is honoured to pick up the challenge to expand and strengthen its role, moving full speed ahead on its ‘Race to the Top’. This will allow us to collectively deliver more impact in pursuit of our shared vision of safe food for people everywhere.
We are delighted to bring back the GFSI Conference as an in-person event in 2022. While we couldn’t be happier with the tremendous success of the virtual edition, we look forward to reuniting the GFSI community in person.
The 2022 edition will take place in Barcelona from 29th to 31st March, before heading to Singapore in 2023. We invite you to start making plans to be a part of this global gathering under the theme: Delivering Impact for Safe Sustainable Food.
Programme at a Glance
We are busy shaping a three-day programme brimming with learnings, inspiration and support for those at the forefront of safe sustainable food. Every facet of the food safety ecosystem will have its turn in the spotlight through a series of inspirational keynotes, plenary sessions, expert panels and breakouts, in which we will deep dive into the practical ways that we can deliver more impact together.
Leading on Food Safety as a CEO
- What does it take to deliver meaningful impact for safe sustainable food?
- How can companies promote renewed change in the food industry by leading from the front?
Partnering Across the Public-private Sectors
- What can we achieve by bringing the public and private sectors together under the shared goal of safe food for all?
- What is GFSI doing today to be front and centre of the PPPs agenda?
- How can GFSI and its community support the UN agencies (WHO, FAO and WFP) in delivering their respective global food safety strategies and what is their message for the industry?
Making Commitments for World Food Safety Day
- How can you support the 2022 World Food Safety Day?
- What commitments can your organisation make to contribute to the global UN food safety strategies and the SDGs linked to food safety?
Building Capabilities in Food Safety
- How is GFSI reforming its capability building framework and what will this new approach look like?
Auditing for Food Safety
- What does it take to be a great food safety professional? What are the skills required?
- What is GFSI’s vision for a new model for auditor training and professional development? Can this improve audit outcomes?
- Through the GFSI Benchmarking Requirements, GFSI sets the bar; how can we assess if that bar is being met?
Advancing Food Safety Science
- What impact will science and its future applications have on the food safety ecosystem?
- What exactly does the new Science and Technology Advisory Group (STAG) propose to do?
- Which scientific insights and trends are moving the needle?
Applying Technology & Innovation
- What are the practical applications of technology for advancing food safety?
- What can the interlinkage between food safety and economics teach us about the cost-effectiveness of risk-based monitoring and examining human behaviour in food safety control?
Improving Trust and Transparency – Breaking the Silos between Food Safety and Sustainability
- What drives trust in GFSI and how do we measure it?
- How does reconciling product safety and sustainability fit into the wider food systems agenda?
- Why is sustainability becoming a dominant force in the eyes of consumers?
- How are novel foods impacting the industry and how will they solve future food challenges?
Measuring Food Safety Performance
- How do you measure your performance on food safety across KPIs such as product incidence, business outcomes, SDGs outcomes, audit outcomes and recalls?
- Food safety performance is measured through different lenses – how do you measure your performance in terms of delivering safe food?
- Food is being produced across such vastly different environments; is harmonising KPIs – particularly around performance versus incidence – actually achievable?
- How can we prepare the food systems of the future?
- How do food safety professionals, businesses and systems need to evolve?
What is the GFSI Conference?
Over 1,200 food industry leaders from 50+ countries attend the global GFSI Conference, which has become the meeting place for decision-makers from across the supply chain and around the world, from the private and public sectors alike. Participants share knowledge, strengthen their networks, showcase their learnings and do business.
The GFSI Conference stage features a wide range of hand-picked speakers: renowned experts and academics, CEOs, public authorities, industry leaders, innovators and grassroots players. Their presentations offer insight into the latest science, technology and collaborative tools being leveraged for food safety around the world.