Together with the Mexico Local Group, GFSI’s South Latam Local Group focuses its efforts on improving food safety practices while increasing consumer confidence in food safety by fostering collaboration between retailers and manufacturers and implementing and promoting GFSI’s global objectives and activities in the Latam region.
What We Do
Our Objectives are:
- to communicate the GFSI vision, objectives and approach to foster a greater understanding and uptake of GFSI approach with relevant local audiences.
- to be ambassadors and represent GFSI at meetings, conferences and seminars.
- to build a network with public institutions, academia and other trade associations to share the GFSI approach.
- to create linkages with public policy makers.
- to gather and share feedback on the uptake and impact of the GFSI approach within the region.
- to support the work and decision of the GFSI board by acting as a regional and local relay for communication and implementation of specific projects.