The GFSI US – Canada Local Group has refocused to continue GFSI’s efforts in the region. The year 2019 saw the development of a new steering committee which focused on building relationships, setting structure, and writing an operating plan for 2020. This Local Group has three main goals: implement GFSI’s global priorities in North America; build engagement and awareness among companies; and build relationships with government bodies (CFIA, FDA, USDA). There are currently nine steering committee members with active recruitment occurring to engage more fully with Canadian businesses.
In 2019, the US-Canada Local Group is focusing on three key areas:
Increase awareness and recognition of GFSI in the US and Canada across all segments of the supply chain
Foster existing relationships with regulatory bodies while forging new ones in pursuit of the GFSI mission. Seek opportunities for alignment
Regionally implement the global priorities set forth by GFSI.
Who Is Involved
Current Steering Committee members
- Mitch Gilgour – Sysco
- Dan Fone – Walmart
- Spir Marinakis – Maple Leaf
- Sharon Birkett -“OSI Group, LLC”
- Carmella Rashed – Grupo Bimbo
- Robert Prevendar – Yum! Brands
- Andrew Clarke – Loblaw Companies Limited
- Katy Kadlec – Kroger
- Greg Pritchard – Nestlé
- Giomar Savoc – Nestlé
- Jeffrey Nassif – PepsiCo
- Rebecca Ferrer – PepsiCo
- Syed Hassan – PepsiCo
- Lorraine Mehterian – The Coca-Cola Company
- Paul Zelusky – Hershey
- Brandon Headlee – Conagra
- Sally Kilnect – Nestlé
- Rosalind Zils – 8th Avenue Foods & Provisions
- Patricia McGeough – Kerry
- Catherine Proper – Nando’s Peri Peri
- Tim Jackson – Driscolls, Inc.
- Tammy Hogan – General Mills
- Ivar Pedro Joaquín Brandt Landinez – JR Simplot Co.
- Sebastien Joseph – Dollarama
- Henry Eziama – Shamrock Foods
- Satvinder Bilkhu – Mike and Mikes Organics
- Michael Yang – proneq
- Florentina Gadau – Sysco
- Samantha Shinbaum – Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Jennifer Pulcipher – North Bay Produce, Inc.
- Michael JP Forhez – Oracle Industry Strategy Group
- Eric Moore – Testo North America
- Joe Mariola – Rentokil North America
- Jeffrey Bruening – Ecolab
- Tania Martinez – DEMOS GLOBAL GROUP, INC
- Heather Gale – CanadaGAP
- Tracie Sheehan – Merieux NutriSciences
- Wendy White – Georgia Institute of Technology, GaMEP