PARIS, 17 February – The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), part of The Consumer Goods Forum and the world’s largest network to help achieve safe food for people everywhere, is set to unite food safety experts from around the globe at the GFSI Conference in Barcelona from 29-31 March.
Urgent action is needed to meet the needs of a growing global population and address critical challenges in the global food chains. The event will focus on advancing food safety best practice, encouraging partnerships across the industry, building trust and transparency with consumers, and showcasing leading innovations and technologies set to shape the future of food safety.
Following last year’s virtual conference, GFSI is hosting its landmark event in-person for its 21st year. The three-day forum will host experts, decision makers and innovators from across the globe to share food safety best practice and encourage ongoing collaboration and impact.
Attendees will hear inspiring examples of leadership, ingenuity, and innovation, with speakers providing insights to address the common challenge of ensuring safe and sustainable food for consumers around the world, regardless of where they are. Senior leaders from Starbucks, Mondelēz International, WHO, Nestlé, HelloFresh, IKEA food, Danone and The Kroger co. are among those speaking and collaborating across the three-day agenda.
After last year’s sustainability target-setting and planning in the run up to the COP26 climate talks and as we approach the Sustainable Development Goals deadline of 2030, GFSI is this year calling for greater action and results, under the theme of ‘Delivering Impact for Safe Sustainable Food’.
Erica Sheward, Director of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), said:
“As the world grapples with the challenge of feeding almost eight billion people safely and sustainably, working across boundaries to ensure safe food everywhere has never been more critical. The industry has continued to show brilliant ingenuity, resilience and dedication over the past two years, and the GFSI Conference provides an important opportunity to reflect on all we have learned and to catalyse even greater collective action.”
“Everyone has the right to safe, nutritious and nourishing food and we are committed to making food safety everyone’s business. We are calling on industry leaders from across the whole food sector to join us in March, to reflect together on how we can all go further to benefit consumers, businesses, employees and the planet.”
Sessions and speakers across the three-day programme include:
- Food Safety is Everyone’s Business – with the CEO of Mondelēz International and the Unit Head of Multisectoral Action in Food Systems from WHO
- GFSI’s Strategic Priorities – with insights from Head of Quality Management at Nestlé, CEO and Founder of Auditors Hub and CEO of Exemplar Global
- Deep Dive into Benchmarking – with CEO of Leansafe and Head of Standards at BRCGS
- Innovation Across the Food Safety Ecosystem – with Janet Cox, Director of Food Safety and Compliance at HelloFresh International
- Food Safety Professionals of the Future – with MD at CPA Recruitment, MD at All Food Consulting and the Chief Executive from the Institute of Food & Science Technology
- Breaking the Silos Between Food Safety and Sustainability – with the General Directorate of Health and Agricultural Production at the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPA)
To find out more about the Conference and register to secure your ticket, visit: https://mygfsi.com/events/gfsi-conference/
The GFSI is a landmark initiative of The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF), a global industry network working to support better lives through better business.
— ENDS —
For more information, contact Lisa Prévert, firstname.lastname@example.org
The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI; the Coalition) is a CEO-led Coalition of Action from The Consumer Goods Forum, bringing together retailers and manufacturers and an extended food safety community to help oversee food safety standards for businesses and help provide access to safe food for people everywhere. As one of the world’s largest networks to help achieve safe food, GFSI is committed to making food safety everyone’s business and the Coalition members are addressing challenges facing food safety systems in their supply chains and the markets they operate in and are helping to raise the food safety bar globally. Its ambition is to strengthen and harmonise food safety systems so they are able to feed the growing, global population and develop markets that can deliver food safely, no matter where in the world the consumer is. To learn more, visit www.mygfsi.com.
About The Consumer Goods Forum
- The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) is the only CEO-led organisation that represents both manufacturers and retailers globally. With more than 55 of the world’s top CEOs on our Board of Directors, we bring together the senior leaders from more than 400 retailers, manufacturers, service providers, and other stakeholders across 70 countries.
- We’re committed to using our huge, influential reach to create changes which have tangible and lasting positive effects on people, planet and business. CGF members believe businesses must look after the planet, care for people and communities, and earn the trust of consumers through genuine openness, optimism and innovation.
- We understand the need to do business the right way, but we know we can’t do it alone. We collaborate globally to improve our industries, driving change through Coalitions of Action on eight urgent issues: forests, human rights, plastics, healthier lives, food waste, food safety, supply chains and product data.
- See more at www.theconsumergoodsforum.com
- Visit the CGF on Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook to be the first to hear updates and new programme confirmations.