The second-ever UN World Food Safety Day, coordinated by the Codex Alimentarius Commission, is just around the corner on Sunday 7th June. This week, we are sharing a video every day – each with its own call to action – and we invite you to participate!
As we all navigate a new normal, safeguarding consumers and global supply chains has never been more essential. What better time than now to highlight that Food Safety is Everyone’s Business, the theme of the 2020 World Food Safety Day. Here are the five calls to action:
- Ensure it’s safe – Governments must ensure safe and nutritious food for all. [Monday 1st June]
- Grow it safe – Agriculture and food producers need to adopt good practices. [Tuesday 2nd June]
- Keep it safe – Business operators must make sure food is safe. [Wednesday 3rd June]
- Eat it safe – All consumers have a right to safe, healthy and nutritious food. [Thursday 4th June]
- Team up for safety – Food Safety is a shared responsibility. [Friday 5th June]
We invite you to engage with us throughout the GFSI campaign this week on our YouTube, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn! We’ll keep an eye out for your messages on Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook, with the hashtags #WorldFoodSafetyDay and #GFSI. And stay tuned for a special mashup video on Sunday!